Photograph of a surveyor's map of the Mission Santa Cruz, May-December 1853. The map is represented as a line drawing, showing the plaza, old church building ruins, cemetery, old adobe wall and new church, as well as the San Lorenzo River, which is pictured to the right. A key at the top left of the image shows the coordinates of district boundaries, while a title to the right reads "Plat of the Mission Lands of Santa Cruz. Finally Confirmed to Joseph S. Aleman, Bishop. Surveyed under instructions from the U.S. Surveyor General by John Wallace, Deputy Surveyor. May and December 1853. Containing 16 acres". Below, a script reads "J.W. Mandeville, U.S. Surveyor General, California".