Photograph of an exterior view of the Mission San Miguel, showing the arcade, ca.1900. The long, bi-level adobe building of the mission is shown slanting into the background form the upper left edge of the image. To the far left, the shortest section is visible, its roof uneven and plied with terracotta tile. This is followed by a taller structure with a roof in similar disrepair. Several doors can be seen in the anterior walls of both. Next, the arcade stretches from second section, pointing towards the tall, two-story mission chapel, which stands perpendicular to the other structures. The terrain in the foreground appears to be scrub grass or clay-heavy dirt.