Photograph of an exterior view of the Wells Fargo Assay Office in Folsom, 1936. Two adjacent one-story buildings are shown: to the left, the taller building bears a sign which reads "Folsom Soda Works" and is identified to have been the Wells Fargo Assay Office, Pony Express Stop and the assay office of Palmer and Day. To the right, a smaller building with a flat roof bears a sign that reads "Townsend Plan Headquarters" and is identified as having been a saloon and store. To the far left, the remains of what appears to be a broken-down delivery truck for the Folsom Soda Works can be seen. Both buildings were built around 1860.; Other legible sign from left to right include: "Ice", "Market" and "Model".