Photograph of an exterior view of the Mission San Miguel Arcangel, ca.1884. In the left foreground, a colonnade supports the roof's overhang over what is likely the monk's quarters. Farther left, an extension of this long, one-story adobe building has lost much of its spackle, showing its adobe brickwork. In the distance to the right, the long, two-story building of the mission chapel is shown, much of its spackle eroded away. Farther left, a bell hangs from its support frame which extends from the ground between the chapel and an adobe shack pictured at the far right. Sedgegrass fills the foreground.