Photograph of an exterior view of the restored San Diego Alcala Mission, ca.1900. To the left, a four-story adobe bell tower is visible, tapering upwards with two bells at each level until the summit, where only one is installed. At center, the entrance to the chapel is pictured, also adobe, with two walls funneling in towards the wooden double-doors. Above this, a narrow, barred window is situated. Farther right, an adobe shack without spackle is visible, featuring a wood plank roof. Palm fronds lean into the foreground from out of the frame.