Photograph of a drawing by G.M. Waseurtz depicting the Mission Santa Clara, 1842-1843. The chapel of the mission is shown near the hills in the distance close to center, to the left of which extends the one-story monks' quarters. Closer to the foreground, a tall cross and well can be seen, around which what appear to be riders in carriages and on horseback can be seen. The chapel itself is two stories tall and features a tall tower-like spire to its left. Other buildings on the mission are visible separate of the chapel to the right and left, where they are separated from it by a picket fence. One-story adobes are also visible in the foreground, surrounding a mound of earth. Cursive writing can be seen above the mountains in the background, but is relatively illegible.; Waseurtz came from Sandels, and was known as one of the "King's Orphans". The drawing was made during the artist's trip from Acapulco to Monterey in 1842-1843.