Photograph of an exterior view of the Mission San Miguel in disrepair, ca.1876. The two-story main building of the mission can be seen to the far right, its narrow side facing the camera. Much of its spackle has begun to chip, showing the adobe bricks beneath, especially on its left corner. Extending from the left of the building a long one-story structure with an overhanging roof supported by colonnade can be seen, in which five doors are spaced at even intervals. Farther left, a similar one-story adobe structure extends, although unspackled, unlike the first structure, which appears to be new.