Photograph of a drawing of the Mission San Luis Obispo by Edward Borein, ca.1870. The heavily cross-hatched drawing depicts a large adobe building with an elevated portico and what are likely terracotta shingles on the roof. Pedestrians walk the ground below the portico, as well as navigate on horseback. To the left, a horseman and what appears to be a priest speak with several other individuals on the portico above them. A second, taller building is partially visible behind the main structure, topped by a cross. A small shed with a taller two-story building behind it are pictured to the far right. The two-story building features a balcony. Trees and smooth mountain slopes can be seen in the background.