Photograph of the restored Mission San Francisco Solano de Sonoma, October 1927. A large wooden cross sits at the apex of the two-story church at left. A long low building extends to the right having an exterior corridor in front. A sign at the corner reads: "Sonoma Mission, open to the public, admission free". A person is barely visible sitting in the shadows just inside the open front door to the church. Utility lines and poles line the street in front. A vacant lot filled with scrub brush is directly opposite the mission at left.