Photograph of the restored entrance of Franciscan Mission at Carmel, Monterey, California, ca.1934. Two halves of a post-and-rail gate point inward from the foreground of the photograph towards the wrought-iron door in the arched entranceway. Above the initial gate the top portion of a trellis is visible, from which a bell hangs. The mission itself has one visible, domed spire and terminates in a peaking, asymmetrical roof topped by an unadorned cross. A large rose window is situated just above the doorway. Sparse, low-growing vegetation and a single tree are pictured on the grounds, also.