Photograph of a view of Broadway looking south from Temple Street showing the first Los Angeles High School and the first Christian Church, ca.1881. Fort Moore hill can be seen to the left, where the high school was moved in 1882 to make room for the County Courthouse. Several residences obscure it partially in the foreground. A line of other Victorian-style residences line Broadway (then Fort Street) to the right. In the distance to the left, the spire of the first Christian church of Los Angeles, started by Reverend Caulter, is visible. A hill, possibly Sugarloaf Hill, is partially visible to the right. The road is apparently unpaved.