Photograph of an inlaid decoration of shells for tabernacle at Mission Santa Barbara, ca.1905. The top is shaped like an inverted boat hull, curving to a peak topped with a leaf-shaped carving at top There are leaf-like figures on top of each side. At middle is a cross with a Christ figure engraved (?) on it. A carved cloth is draped across the cross. There is a heart encircled with thorns on the left side, while a heart engraved with letters "S M" (graffiti?) on the right. There are many abalone shell decorations inlaid in squares around the hearts and the cross. A pitcher decorates the right side while another vessel decorates the left. A paneled wood wall is visible behind.