Photograph of a reconstruction by Dr. Palmer of a prehistoric Indian house and place of worship, California, ca.1900-1930. A ring of stones layed out on the beach surround two short wooden posts flanking another oblong stone. The posts have symbols written on them. A cone of rough wood timbers stands nearby. Adjacent to the cone of timbers is dome of earth with an opening. Two canoes and a paddle lay on the sand nearby. Sundry camp and cooking implements are also present. The ocean is visible in the background.