Photograph of rear view of the restored tower (viewed from below) and church at Mission San Carlos Borromeo, Monterey, ca.1903. The pyramidal roof is covered with tiles and topped with a cross. Two arched openings are visible in each of two sides of the square tower just below a narrow ledge. Another cross is visible behind the tower perched on the roof. A tall narrow stained glass window is visible in the church wall below. A path cuts its way through the grass growing around the base of the church. Across the street (in the background at right) a house and a utility pole are visible. A picket fence is also visible.