Photograph of the interior view of the observatory that houses the 60-inch reflecting telescope at Mount Wilson Observatory, ca.1930. The telescope was used "for photographing stars, nebulae, and their spectra." The telescope appears to be very solid and made of mostly metallic parts. The interior of the observatory also appears to be very solidly built and made of mostly metallic parts. A system of wheels allows the dome to open up so that the telescope can view the skies. The telescope has a system of wheels that allow users to operate and reposition the telescope. A chair sits near the telescope. Instruments and radio-like equipment sits on a table in the background.; "George Ellery Hale built the 60-inch telescope in 1908; it was the largest telescope in the world at the time. The telescope is multi-purpose, capable of providing different optical configurations for a variety of uses. Its mirror, cast in 1894 by the Saint-Gobain glassworks in France, was given to Hale by his father. At present, the telescope is primarily used in the HK Project, which studies the chromospheric variability of lower main sequence and cool evolved stars. The Atmospheric Compensation Experiment (ACE) operated from 1992 to 1995 and used adaptive optics to obtain close to diffraction-limited images of naked-eye objects." -- unknown author.