Photograph of a view of the town and mission at the Mission San Juan Capistrano, 1899. The mission chapel and cloister can be seen in the left distance, while what appears to be a farming homestead can be seen in the centerground. Houses from the town fill the rest of the background, just in front of a swath of forest and hills.; "...looking south from 'El Horno.' To left foreground, large excavation from which adobe was no doubt taken for mission and pueblo buildings. Cemetery wall still intact, ruins of north wing (graneries) still high, roof still on part of west wing. Old Protestant 'Boom Day' church of 1880's to center foreground. Between it and whitewashed house of D. Marcos Forster y Avila are ruins of extensive mission monjerio, with ruined window embrasure still distinct." -- A. Yorba.