Photograph of Mission San Juan Capistrano, showing presidio and south side of garden, California, ca.1899. At left, two large trees can be seen adjacent to a large stone building. At least two openings can be seen along the side of the structure. Running parallel to the two trees, a line of rectangular brick columns can be seen extending into the extreme background at center. To the right, a small garden is visible. Small trees can be seen growing alongside the vegetation. In the extreme background at right, an archway is visible near a small tile roof.; "Ruined corridor and buildings of former cuartel or barracks of Spanish and Mexican soldiers. This was the only building in the mission with straight pillars instead of arches." -- A. Yorba.