Photograph of Mission Santa Barbara, showing stone aqueduct and vineyard, California, 1898. In the foreground at right, the stone aqueduct leading to the vineyard can be seen. The aqueduct consists of two stone walls with a narrow gap in between. The aqueduct brought water to the vineyard from the mountains a distance of over six miles. The vineyard can be seen in the background to the left. Several grape vines can be seen along the trellis. In the extreme background at left, the main body of the church can be seen Adjacent to the church, a stone wall is visible extending to the far left with several trees growing nearby.