Photograph of Mission Santa Barbara, showing front view from indian wash place, California, 1898. In the extreme foreground at center, tall weeds obstruct a large portion of the image. Behind the weeds at left, a long stone structure used as the indian wash place can be seen. In the extreme background, a wooden fence can be seen running along the front of the mission. To the far right, the facade of the church and bell towers can be seen. A cross can be seen at the top of each bell tower, and a cross is also visible at the top of the church near three statues. To the far left, a series of arches can be seen.