Photograph of Mission Santa Barbara, showing main front of church from vineyard, California, 1898. In the foreground at right, a trellis can be seen supporting several grape vines in the vineyard. At center, wooden fences line a dirt road running adjacent to the mission. In the background at center, the large facade of the church can be seen flanked by two bell towers. Three crosses can be seen along the top of the structure. To the far left, an arcade consisting of a row of arches can be seen. In front of the main entrance, approximately five people can be seen gathered on the steps.