Photograph of Mission San Juan Capistrano, showing stone church in original state, California, ca.1887. The white arched section topped with a cross to the left is in a better state of repair. Four small arched windows can be seen along the side of the wall supporting bells. To the right, a ruined wall can be seen beside a dome-shaped opening. In the extreme foreground, scrub brush and wild grasses completely dominate the surrounding ground.; "...Ancient church and bell tower. Very rare view showing stone columns of sanctuary of stone church in original state. In 1887 they were cemented over the bases" -- A. Yorba, ca. 1886.; "Very rare view of interior of stone church, 1888, showing stone pillars of columns of sanctuary in their original state before being disfigured with their present cement bases. The round facade with the cross is not original but was added to the brick facing of the recamarasabout 1887. The campanario was erected in 1813 after the earthquake destroyed the bell tower" -- A. Yorba.