Photograph of an Atomic International factory interior with workers, ca.1950. Two men work with a large machine that sprouts from the ceiling and appears to drill holes into the circular metal base on the floor. A man operates a switchboard, at right, while another crouches below the machine, at left. In the background, the concrete walls of the structure can be seen, lined with pipes.; Photoprint reads "The lead shielded fuel handling cask is located over the loading face shield of the sodium reactor experiment, an experimental nuclear power reactor project being conducted by Atomics International, a division of North American Aviation, Incorporated, for the Atomic Energy Comission. Irradiated fuel elements are removed from the core and replaced with new fuel elements by mechanism within the cask. The cask is sized to contain within it a spent fuel element and a new fuel element with their shield plug attachments. The cask can be used to remove other radioactive components from the core".