Photograph of Mission San Francisco de Asis (Dolores) from the front after an earthquake, ca.1910. The mission was founded on October 9, 1776. A cross can be seen at the apex of the roof of the church. Three bells are visible in the face of the mission over the main entry. A street sign (not visible) casts a shadow on the sidewalk in front of the church at left. Short flights of stairs lead up both sides of the mission property. Several dwellings, three-stories high, are visible in the background beyond piles of bricks at right.