Photographic portrait of Jose (or) Diego Sepulveda of Palos Verdes Ranch, ca.1850-1867. He can be seen from the chest up turned slightly to the left. He has a full beard and no moustache. He can be seen wearing a jacket. Image is a half-tone print of a portrait.; Son of Dolores Sepulveda and Maria Ygnacia Avila. Diego Sepulveda owned the 3200 acre Palos Verde Rancho but found it too small and took up a large grant in the mountains of San Bernardino. Part of this he sold to the Mormons for $16,000 and was paid all in gold pieces (each $50) which made a food loan for his ox team when he drove home to Los Angeles. In 1865 he organized the building of a wharf at San Pedro. He died at San Pedro in 1867.