Photograph of a drawing of Mission Carmel (San Carlos Borromeo de Carmelo) in Monterey, [s.d.]. Four buildings are visible -- two or three with thatched roofs, one with tile roof. About 9 workers are in the foreground. A horse is tethered at left. A ladder lays on the ground at right. Three bells are suspended from a wooden frame. A stone or adobe wall surrounds an area near the building with the tile roof. A stick fence tops a small hill in the background. Legend reads: "The Mission of Monterey in 1792, from Vancouver's Voyages, 1798".