Photograph of Charles J. Prudhomme, historian (left?), sitting next to Don Geronimo (Geronamo?) Lopez (right?), [s.d.]. They are both bearded and wearing three-piece suits. The man on right is quite elderly and holds a cane in his hands between his legs. The man on left is turned toward the man on the right. Other chairs and some plants are visible behind them. The photograph was taken inside.; Accompanying article from September 26, 1934 L.A. Times reads: "Charles J. Prudhomme, 80-year-old historian and guide in the City Hall tower who has told countless interesting stories of early Los Angeles to visitors to the City Hall tower since it was built in 1928, died yesterday. For eighteen years Don Carlos, as he was called by his associates, resided in a room at 741 Central avenue, with only his collection of old documents and other mementos of old California as companions. Prudhomme was born in 1854 in a tiny adobe house just 300 feet from the southeast corner of the City Hall. His great grandfather was first owner of the vast Malibu rancho, having received it as a grant from Gov. Jose de Arrillaga in 1804. His father was Leon Victor Prudhomme, a Frenchman who came to California as a young man, married Mercedes Tapia and was an active citizen. He was president of the vigilantes of this vicinity in 1836. As a boy Prudhomme attended the second public schoolhouse in Los Angeles. It was erected in 1856 and occupied the southeast corner of North Main and Macy Streets. Prudhomme belonged to the first fire volunteers' organization in Los Angeles, was a member of the pioneer French Benevolent Society, and was historian and curator for Ramona Parlor N.S.G.W.. He leaves no immediate family. Rosary services will be conducted tonight at Reed Brothers chapel, 721 West Washington Street. Final rites are to be tomorrow at 1 p.m. at the Plaza Church".