Photograph of seven people at work around a table, near cameras, or an easel at the Pierce and Blanchard Plaza Photo Gallery, 515 North Main Street, Los Angeles, ca.1890. Pictured are (left to right): photographers Eddie McConnell (behind large camera), James A. Blanchard, a Mexican man who went to Manila and started a photography business, L.M. Clendenen (at easel), Blanchard, Miss Blanchard and Gould (at small camera). Behind the group a large sign reading "Plaza Gallery" leans against a wall on which hangs five photographs.; The Plaza Gallery was located about 100 feet opposite the Los Angeles Plaza in an adobe building south of the Los Angeles Mission known as the Andres Pico residence but not owned by him. This location was first started by Shoemaker (?) and afterwards run by A.C. Golsh, then by Bertrand & Stine, and then by Pierce & Blanchard. Pierce dissolved the Gallery and with A.E. McConnell moved to the north part of the same building and conducted a view and commercial business known as Tourist View Depot -- Pierce & McConnell.