Photograph of the exterior of the Daily Appeal newspaper building and the Carson Café in Carson City, Nevada, ca.1935. The single-story Daily Appeal building is at center; there are three identical alcoves with doorways at left and another similar alcove at right. At left is the two story Carson café, at to the left of this is a two-story stone building. There are three early automobiles parked on the street, two in front of the café, and the other to the right of the newspaper building. The Daily Appeal was established in 1864. Legible signs include, from left, "Eat", "Carson Café", "Chop Suey", and "Daily Appeal".