Photograph of a view of the Stockton Channel, San Joaquin County, [s.d.]. The water is barely rippling in the channel, which is lined with wooden posts and warehouses. A boat reading "Joaquin of Stockton" sits tied to a warehouse on the left side. Slightly further down the channel, a smaller boat sits tied to the opposite side of the other boat. In the distance a tall building labeled the "Liquid Sugar Corporation" can be seen to the left while a large ship sits in the water to the right.; Picture file card reads "The end of Stockton Channel is now deep enough to accommodate ocean vessels. It was used by thousands of miners during the 1850's & 60's going to the southern Mother Lode mines. Stockton at that time was called 'Tuleburg'. The channel for miles was lined with Tules -- instead of warehouses that we see in the photograph".