Photograph of an exterior view of the chapel and bell tower at Mission Santa Cruz, 1934. The adobe chapel is at center and has a large arched doorway at center. A tall rectangular bell tower is connected to the building at left and is topped by a dome and a cross. Another adobe building is attached to the chapel at right, and several clapboard houses are in the background at left. The mission is on a street corner, and a tall wooden utility pole is on the corner in the foreground. There is a neatly trimmed lawn in front of the mission at right, and several small bushes decorate it.