Photograph of an interior view of the chapel at the Guajome Ranch in San Diego (Mission San Diego Alcala?), ca.1900. The chapel is a small room with an altar at center and small rows of wooden chairs in the foreground. There is a wide aisle between the chairs and the floor is ornately decorated. The altar is adorned with flowers beneath a crucifix. There are several large paintings on the wall, and large light-colored curtains cover windows at left. This was the first private home chapel in California with a resident priest by permission of the Pope. The large painting on the altar of the Madonna and Child in oil and the twelve stations of the cross on wood were on Columbus's ship when he sailed for the new world in 1492. They were later bought by Don Jose Bandini for the chapel on his boat.