Photograph of an exterior view of the old Mission Dolores and new cathedral Saint Francis, 1937. An elaborate, byzantine entranceway to the cathedral is visible to the right of center, two bell towers extending to either side of the arched doorway. Farther left and in the foreground, the two-story adobe of the old mission can be seen, with more romanesque elements such as supporting columns. Terracotta tiles cover the roof. A line of automobiles can be seen along the sidewalk in front.; "Old Mission Dolores and new Cathedral St. Francis, which replaced former St. Francis Church destroyed in 1906 earthquake".