Photograph of a drawing depicting the exterior of the Mission Santa Clara, ca.1853. The mission is pictured in the background, its main building standing to the right, its two-story entrance enclosed by a wrought-iron fence and a bell tower standing connected to the cloisters farther right. The single doors of the cloisters can be seen spaced at regular intervals beneath the overhanging eaves. The roofs on both buildings are covered by terracotta tiles. A priest stands in the clearing pictured in the centerground, while agave plants and other low-growing vegetation can be seen in the foreground. A tall cross stands near the priest to the extreme right. The mission is now located within the campus of the University of Santa Clara.