Photograph of a map of Los Angeles city lands in September 1858, [s.d.]. At center an almost-square boundary is visible with "Los Angeles" written inside of it. Above the boundary, Rancho Los Feliz, Rancho Canada, and Rancho San Rafael are indicated. To the right of the boundary, Rancho Rosa Castillo and Public Land are indicated. Public Land is also depicted at left and bottom, and Rancho San Antonio is depicted at bottom right. Photoprint reads: "Plat of the City Lands of Los Angeles finally confirmed to the Mayor and Common Council of the City of Los Angeles. Surveyed under instructions from the U.S. Surveyor General by Henry Hancock Dep. Sur September 1858 Containing 17.172 37/100 Acres".