Photograph of an exterior view of the Mission San Miguel Archangel, ca.1870-1876. The main building of the mission, which stands at center, is a two-story adobe. Its entrance is a single door, with a singular rectangular window centered directly over it on the second floor. Its spackle has come off in spots, revealing brick. A patio for the cloisters extends out from the left, single doors separated at regular intervals visible through the archways that support the eaves of its terracotta-tiled roof. A roofless brick structure with several entrances is visible to the right of the main building. A collection of stacked roof tiles stands in the foreground, under a post-and-rail fence. Hills are visible in the background to the left.