Photograph of a drawing by Edward Vischer depicting the Mission La Purisima Concepcíon, ca.1876. The ruins of the adobe walls stand in the foreground beside an overgrown area with a round fountain to the nearby to the left where a man on horseback drives several horses in the field beyond. Cattle(?) graze at right. A long low building sits at the foot of a low hill in the background. Rays of the sun break through the clouds above. The text below the image reads: "Date of foundation Dec. 8, 1787; ruins of the ex-Mission of La Purisima Concepcion; photograph of 1876", "drawn between 1 & 6 of April '78", "the first stones of the temple", and "After a photograph, the valuable contribution of Mrs. Josephine Bishop completing the Mission collection on author's 70th birthday". Photoprint reads: "Indian barracks over 500 feet long".