Photograph of the dedication of the Los Angeles International Airport, June, 1930. Scores of United States Marines biplanes are parked on a runway at left. The planes are divided into two groups with a large gap between them. A large crowd of spectators is gathered along the side of the runway at center. In the background at right is a large terminal building with a control tower on top. A hangar is directly in front of the terminal. There are several early-model automobiles parked on the cement near the hangar. In the distance across an open field, a line of trees is visible.; Construction of the airport began Oct. 1928, and was completed in 1929. It was dedicated in June 1930 and became the L.A. Airport in 1937.