Photograph of four men in front of the California National Guard Air Unit hangars, in April 1925. Four men, apparently "checking out the site for aeronautic conditions, for a mooring mast site and also for availability for air shows" stand relatively close to each other in front of the rightmost hangar. The hangar behind them houses several airplanes, while the hangar to the left contains a few automobiles. A small house-like structure stands between the two hangars, with two windows and two doors. To the right is a vast stretch of land that tapers off into an arborous area. Beyond that, the mountains can be seen though the mist in the distance. In the group are: General Supt. Railway and Air Mail, Mr. C. F. Egge, Postmaster P. P. O'Brien Los Angeles, Park Commissioner Van Griffith, Major C. C. Moseley, A. S.; Paper attached to photoprint reads: "Proposed location of suggested mooring-mast Photographed by Ford A. Carpenter April 11, 1925. A one-thousand foot circle surrounds the red-ink outline of the propoesed mooring mast: the location is beyond the airplane runway. In the group are: General Supt. Railway and Air Mail, Mr. C. F. Egge, Postmaster P. P. O'Brien Los Angeles, Park Commissioner Van Griffith, Major C. C. Moseley, A. S. Air-mail planes may be landed or taken off at any time from this field. Mr. Egge reported that this is one of hte most satisfactory fields he has ever inspected. Mr. O'Brien was especially impressed with the fact that it is but 21 minuted by automobile from the Los Angeles Post Office building" and "These hangars are the property of the U.S. Air Service and are in use by the National Guard of California's Air Unit. Major C.C. Moosely, in white shirt.".