Photograph of a painting depicting the Mission Francis de Asis (Dolores) before the Americans came, 1845. Men are shown attending to mules in front of the two-story Romanesque building of the mission. At center one of them, a priest, struggles with his. The Mexican flag is flying from a flagpole that stands in front of the missions one-story corridor, which features terracotta roofing and extended eaves. A stone wall is visible extending from the mission to the left. Picture file card reads: "Painting Pares (Deakin)".