Photograph of a view of Second Street looking east from Boylston Street, showing the Pacific Electric Railroad Company power house, Los Angeles, ca.1900. A man with a horse-drawn tanker wagon is making his way away from the camera along the unpaved road, with the Pacific Electric power house behind a picket fence to his left. The main building, seen in the background, is made of brick, although several auxiliary buildings have clapboard veneers. Dual smokestacks can be seen above them to the left. Between 1896 and 1906 the power house was in use as Edison Electric Company Steam Plant #1.