Photograph of the oldest view of the Mission St. Joseph of Guadalupe at San Jose, ca.1876. A long low building is adjacent to the dirt road in the foreground. The taller church building with tiled roof is to the right. Other buildings are visible behind the long low building. Mountains rise to the left. Copyright 1904 and/or January 20, 1925. Post-it note attached to photoprint reads: "Actually, #1632 is probably an 1850s photo and probably by Carleton E. Watkins. The church was destroyed in 1867 earthquake and immediately replaced by a Gothic revival church. Richard Ori(?) 9/14/1992".