Photograph of a horse-drawn streetcar for the Redondo Depot Car Line and its driver looking east on Jefferson Boulevard at Royal Street, Redondo Beach, ca.1897. The small passenger car features four rows of decorative benches and is supported by four wheels to which shocks are attached. Only one horse is hitched to the car. The driver stands at the helm of the car, at left. There appears to be no track on the unpaved road beneath him. The marquee on the side of the car reads "Main & Jefferson Sts. and Park.".; Photoprint reads: "Horse cars appeared on Los Angeles streets in 1874. One line was running as late as 1901. This car ran out Main and Jefferson Sts. to Exposition Park".