Photograph of a birdseye view of the Firestone Company plant in Los Angeles, ca.1928. Firestone Tire & Rubber Company opened its Los Angeles Plant (pictured here) in 1928 at the corner of what was known as Manchester and Alameda. Manchester was renamed Firestone Boulevard. The Firestone Plant is shown at center, and is made up of several different rectangular-shaped buildings that comprise a total square shape. Also visible on the grounds of the plant are a tall water tower and a thin smokestack. In the foreground, an automobile-lined road separates the plant from undeveloped land. A large residential area is visible in the distance.