Photograph of the exterior of the Samson Rubber Company, ca.1928. The Samson Company stands at center, with a large sign that reads "Samson Cords" attached to its roof. Behind the main building at left sprouts a tall tank, while two smoke stacks can be seen at right. A wire fence surrounds the perimeter of the company, as does the road, which is lined with parked automobiles at left. A populated area can be discerned in the distance.; Photoprint reads: "The Samson factory at Compton. Five additions have been made here within the last three years to keep up with ever-mounting sales. The factory is in operation 24 hours a day and has been for three years".