Photograph of a streetcar with conductors at the Agricultural Park and Main Street terminal of the street railway system, Los Angeles, 1897. Three men stand and sit to the left of the streetcar, which is pictured at center. Two stand on the ground and are dressed in conductors' uniforms. The third sits just inside the streetcar's entrance and is dressed in civilian clothing. The man at the far left is identified as P.C. Peterson, the man in the car as E.R. Dye and the second conductor as L.C. Clurland(?). A sign is visible on a fence in the background, which reads "[...] McKerron's Horse [...]". Trees are also visible.; Picture file card reads: "The Main Street and Agricultural Park railway was originally the second horse car line in the city and opened a line down Main Street from Temple Street to Washington Street on July 1, 1875. Within the next year the line was extended to Jefferson, west to Wesley Avenue and then to the park. In 1897 it changed to electricity, being the last horse line to do so. Next year, in 1898, Huntington purchased it for his Los Angeles Railway Co. The Main Street and Agricultural Park line was an independent line that did not belong to the LA Consolidated Railway, which was buying up all the horse and cable lines at the time.".