Photograph of an exterior view of a gasoline refinery, ca.1920. Seven men stand in work clothes along the front wall of the refinery on the left. The refinery is a short, long, lightly-colored building which extends back to several other small, wooden structures at center. The right wall is lined with thin pipes which emerge through the roof and secrete clouds of smoke. The building stands at the top of a dirt hill and a large wooden platform supporting a short, wooden frame extends out of the building's right side. What appears to be an incomplete wooden structure stands at ground level on the right with a metal, cylindrical container in front of it. On the left, behind the refinery, stands a wooden derrick bordered by a tall, wooden fence. A grassy hill lies across the background.; Photoprint reads: "This plant manufactures 4,000 gals of gasoline a day by the process of compressing natural gas. It was the first plant of its kind in California. The famous Buck Gulches #6 is seen in the background".