Photograph of an exterior view of the third Petroleum refinery, ca. 1940. Short, cylindrical structures with staircases leading to their tops stand in rows in the foreground with tall cylindrical towers standing behind them. Several platforms wrap around various levels of the towers and an apparatus sits at each tower's top. Below the towers, the floor is crowded with interweaving pipes which wrap around the many machines of the refinery. Beyond the field of pipes stand many long, low-standing building which extend into the distance on the right.