Photograph of a catalytic polymerization unit at the General Petroleum Corporation's refinery, ca.1940. Metal beams criss-cross to form three levels on a tall, open-air, rectangular structure at center. Pipes can be seen along the sides of the structure, while five barrels are visible lined up on the ground to the right of the structure. A utility pole is visible at left, while a cylindrical tower can be seen in the right background.; Photoprint reads: "This new catzlytic polymerization unit at the Torrance (Calif.) refinery of the General Petroleum Corporation 'builds' 700 barrels of high quality gasoline daily out of what would otherwise be waste refinery gases. Over $400,000 was spent on the addition of this unit".