Photograph of the first 5000 barrel unit of the Western Oil and Refining Company, at Wilmington, ca.1930. Left of center, several cylindrical tank-like structures stand atop a metal platform. Two flights of stairs lead from the dusty ground up to the tank-like units, which are interconnected by a series of pipes, some of which stretch right to connect to several large tanks lying on the ground behind a brick wall. Between the standing tanks and those that lie horizontal on the ground is a tall cylindrical brick structure, possibly a smoke stack. At left stands a gated house-like structure, behind which, another cylindrical tank built into the ground. In the distance lie several houses with chimneys, and a few more stacks and tanks. A large dark-colored structure looms right of center, beside several smaller structures. The rightmost distance is lined with trees behind a wire fence.