Photograph of the Newhall natural gas metering station, ca.1955. A row of thick, shining pipes sits in the foreground, delving into the ground at right. Each is connected to the metering station behind it, a small shed-like structure with metering devices on its inner wall. Behind the metering station, at right, stand five tall vessels, with pipes that stretch down to connect to a maze of piping. Lines from utility poles stream through the background, and a line of trees appears in the distance, at right. A large tree casts its shadow over the soil in the foreground, framing the photograph at left.; Photoprint reads: Metering station for gas received from San Joaquin Valley and some coastal areas. Metered here and sent to Los Angeles.